Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
Sooner or later everybody comes up with a question: why would you build bicycle frames from magnesium? There are many reasons
why we choosed magnesium for our frames and in the following list we will try to explain our choice.
- Magnesium is very light. It is 34% lighter than aluminum, 50% lighter than titanium, and 4 times lighter than steel.
Lighter frames are the winners in quick acceleration and climbing hills. They are also easier to steer than heavy frames.
- Magnesium has the highest strength to weight ratio among all the materials used in the bicycle industry. Which means - more strength for the same amount of weight.
- Magnesium tubes are stiff. Big diameter oval and round tubes are stiff and have very good resistance to non-axial loads. Stiff tubes provide better power transfer, so that less energy is lost. Also stiffer tubes make frame more responsive and
easier to handle, gives you more confidence in your power over the bike.
- Magnesium has very good damping qualities. Quick damping provides more comfortable and relaxed ride, so that you can remain fresh and
- Magnesium frames are excellent in resisting to static and dynamic loads. Frames do not have permanent deformation under loads of 800-1000 kg (1760-2200 lb.).
- Our extruded magnesium tubes are non-galling and will not crack. Our frames have excellent durability and safety with practically no notch and fatigue memory. Extremely low fatigue memory means our magnesium
frames last a long time and have a low notch memory, which is where some metals will fail after high impacts.
- Magnesium is ecologically clean material. One cubic meter of sea water contains 1.3 kg of magnesium (1 cubic feet of sea water = 0.08 lb. of magnesium).
- Our Magnesium alloy is highly impact and dent resistant.
|Other additives ®
|Coefficient of thermal expansion:
||27 x 10 K
|Modulus of elasticity:
||43 x 103 MPa
||0.2 % proof stress:
|| 200-220 MPa
|Fatigue Properties (minimum values):
||110 MPa (5x10 cycles)
||140 MPa (1x10 cycles)
||100 MPa (5x10 cycles)
|| 110 MPa (1x10 cycles)
Send me an e-mail to: